Vaginal bleaching: Those two words are not used very often together.
If you want to get your bikini waxed, it’s no longer a big deal in our society. But vaginal bleaching is still a subject of whispers between girlfriends and is thought of as being only for porn stars and strippers.
A pretty large number of women, however, are unhappy with the color of their most intimate regions and don’t hesitate to do something about it. They are aware that the color of their vagina does not negatively affect their self-esteem. They understand that most men don’t care about the color of their private parts.
Nevertheless, they want things to lighten up a bit since that’s what they want, and rather than politicize vaginal bleaching and worry about how it will affect their self-esteem, they just want to know how to do it safely and without as much pain as possible.
In this article, you will learn everything about vaginal bleaching, including how to do it safely and without harming your lowly lady bits.
What is Vaginal Bleaching?
Tabooing any topic has the huge downside of creating space for misinformation and misunderstanding. Unfortunately, it tends to be the same in the case of vaginal bleaching.
First and foremost, you need to understand what vaginal bleaching is and what it is not. It is definitely not bleach, the kind that you would use to clean your bathtub or whiten your clothes.
Vaginal bleaching, in general, means lightening your vaginal skin, especially your vulva, which can become discolored for a number of reasons, like:
- Clothing and underwear that are too tight cause rubbing and chafing.
- Skin irritation and excessive sweating.
- Age-related and childbirth-related hormonal changes.
The fact is, you don’t have to live with a vaginal color that makes you unhappy. In the same way, you wouldn’t accept dark spots on your face as simply “a part of you”, hyperpigmentation on your vulva shouldn’t be accepted either, especially if you don’t feel comfortable with it.
Furthermore, there are a number of safe and gentle ways to lighten your vagina. Here is a list of your options for vaginal bleaching, along with information on how to make your private parts lighter.
Vaginal Lightening with Home Remedies
If you are still scared of vaginal lightening, you should choose an option that makes it easier for you. To lighten your private area over time, you can use natural ingredients to scrub your vaginal skin and get rid of old, dead skin cells.
It may seem odd to exfoliate your vaginal skin, but it is essentially skin, so mild exfoliation can also be beneficial. Mild is the keyword here. The vaginal skin is sensitive, so it should never be exfoliated at the same level as your knees or elbows.
Fortunately, you can use various natural exfoliants on your vagina to gradually lighten the vulvar area over time. What are the most effective home remedies for brightening your vagina? The following ingredients can be used to lighten your vaginal skin at home:
- Yogurt: It contains lactic acid, which speeds up cell turnover and makes your skin look brighter and shinier. Not only is it gentle enough to be used on the delicate skin of your vaginal area, but it can also prevent vaginal yeast and bacteria infections.
- Enzymes from fruits: It is true that some fruits contain enzymes that can be used as natural exfoliators, but you should keep in mind that not all of them are suitable for vaginal use. For example, it is not advisable to use lemons and other citrus fruits as vaginal lighteners. Papaya is also not good for sensitive skin, and latex-allergic people should avoid it as well. However, pumpkin is packed with antioxidants and fatty acids, as well as exfoliating enzymes. As a bonus, it doesn’t irritate the skin and can be used for gentle exfoliation of the vaginal area.
- Honey and activated charcoal: Activated charcoal is a deep cleanser that dries out the pores of the skin to remove impurities and gunk. It combines well with honey for a great mask to help lighten the skin around the vaginal area. Research has shown that it is effective at treating the smell and secretions of bacterial vaginosis, but it doesn’t harm the normal bacterial flora in the vaginal area.
- Pearl powder: Looking to lighten and pamper your vaginal skin? There is a special protein in pearl powder called conchiolin, which gives pearls their luminous shine. It also boosts collagen production, stimulates new skin cell growth, and slows the production of melanin.
This is not a very long list. Since there are many natural skin-lightening remedies available, most of them aren’t suitable for sensitive vaginal skin. Harsh remedies, even those labeled “natural”, can irritate the skin in the vaginal area, disrupt the pH of the vaginal area, and lead to yeast infections.
And nobody’s got time for that. Therefore, don’t use things like baking soda or lemon juice on your vaginal area.
Remember that even though these home remedies are great, you should approach them with tempered expectations. Generally, these natural remedies can only exfoliate your skin, but they do not have the ability to block the melanin that causes the darkening of the skin.
Make sure to look into vaginal lightening creams that contain melanin blockers if you want to significantly lighten the vagina.
Vaginal Bleaching Creams
It’s possible to lighten your vaginal skin with the natural skin lighteners listed above. But if you want to lighten your vagina even more, you’ll need to use an ingredient that prevents melanin production effectively.
Melanin inhibitors are the most effective lightening and whitening agents. Through inhibition of the enzyme tyrosinase, they interfere with the production of melanin. This causes your skin to produce less melanin. You will have a lighter vagina as a result.
Unfortunately, it’s not quite as simple as finding and applying a melanin inhibitor directly to your vaginal skin. You should know the following about vaginal lighteners so you can get the most effective results:
- Synergy: To get the best benefit from melanin inhibitors, choose a vaginal bleaching cream that has a number of potent ingredients that work synergistically to inhibit melanin production.
- Included exfoliants: If the vaginal lightening cream has natural, gentle exfoliants, the ingredients that lighten the skin will be able to get deeper into the skin and make it easier to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Moisture is important: You should choose a vaginal bleaching cream that also has soothing, hydrating, and nourishing ingredients because even the mildest skin-lightening agents can irritate skin that is already sensitive.
- Designed for intimate areas: While there are many lightening creams out there, many of them are not designed to be safe for delicate, sensitive skin, such as nipples and vaginal areas. Therefore, make sure to choose a cream that is designed for intimate areas.
- Whether to use hydroquinone or not: Hydroquinone is one of the best-known and most effective skin lighteners available today. However, sensitive vaginal skin may experience redness, dryness, and stinging. Because of this, you should stay away from hydroquinone and use all-natural melanin inhibitors, which are gentler on the skin.
When it comes to the crease that separates your vaginal area from your inner thighs, skip the hydroquinone rule. As long as you follow the guidelines for the safe use of hydroquinone, you can use hydroquinone in that area as it is not as fragile.
Now, let’s look at one of the best vaginal bleaching creams available.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum
The Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is the best natural vaginal lightening cream because it has a powerful mix of ingredients that work together to lighten the vaginal area. These ingredients include Kojic Acid, Mulberry Extract, Licorice Extract, Asian Orchid Extract, and Bearberry Extract. They work together to prevent the activity of tyrosinase, which causes dark spots on your skin.
Also, the formula contains a mild yet effective blend of chemical exfoliants, such as Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid. They help even out uneven skin color in the vaginal area without causing irritation from microbeads like physical peels.
A US-based company manufactures this product at an FDA-approved facility. Due to this aspect, the quality of the ingredients is higher than those used in products in other countries. Cosmetics quality is an important issue because some countries do not hold such high standards and their ingredients are inferior, causing more harm than good. Only buy skincare products that are made in the USA, especially for private areas such as the vagina. Amaira does ship worldwide, so those of you outside of the US will be happy to know that. This means it is also available to you.
Vaginal Lightening with Laser Treatments
Laser vaginal bleaching treatment is a final option for those looking for a quick solution and who have enough money to cover the cost. If you want this procedure done, you should find a medical professional who is both qualified and experienced rather than going to a spa or salon.
In laser vaginal bleaching, a special laser is used to remove the melanin layer (i.e., the tissue that is darker in color) in the vaginal area. The result is a lighter vagina.
It takes between 10 and 15 minutes for each session, but if you want significant vaginal lightening, you may need more sessions. Vaginal laser-lightening has the biggest benefit of being able to lighten the vagina very quickly and easily.
Unfortunately, the procedure is quite expensive, and a session can cost hundreds of dollars. You’re most likely going to need several sessions, so the cost will certainly add up.
How to Lighten the Vaginal Area: Vaginal Bleaching Safety Tips
Here are some tips you need to know after learning about your options for lightening your vagina.
- On the outside only. No matter what type of cream or home remedy you are using, make sure to put it only on the labia majora. There are two sets of lips: the larger, fleshier, and hairier labia majora, which form the outside part, and the smaller, smoother labia minora, which tuck inside those. Make sure that you only lighten the outside of your lips or vagina, because even the gentlest of creams can cause irritation and change the pH balance of your vagina if they are applied to the inner lip area or inside of your vagina.
- Patience is necessary. There is no immediate result from vaginal bleaching creams. Neither does laser treatment. The darker melanin formation did take some time to happen, and its gradual fading will also take time.
- It’s critical to stay on top of maintenance. There is nothing permanent in life. It’s similar to exfoliating your face once and expecting the results to last when you get the color that you desire. If you’d like to maintain the results, you may use the lightening cream every other day or work it into your weekly routine.