- Add-ons Builder and SDK
- PR + Messaging
- Launch day rundown
- Getting Involved
Desktop, Mobile, and Add-on Builder / SDK
Feature vs. Release Driven
Themes & Features: Momentum, Innovation, User Control
- Millions of downloads, downloaded in 159 countries, 14 languages and counting
- Rapid Release
- First mobile Web browser to offer DNT
- Over 20 featured add-ons within our growing gallery
- Perf improvements
What Will It Look Like?
- Taking online marketing to a whole new level (Jul kick-off)
- Ongoing site optimzation effort
- Firefox Gone Mobile in London, SF (Jun)
- Touch Events Dev Derby (Aug)
- Mozilla.com, MDN content updates
Themes and Features: User Control and Innovation
- More than 1,000 improvements in this release
- DNT in the Privacy Pane
- 3D HTML5 Video with NVIDIA
- CSS Animations
- Add-On Builder and SDK release
What will it look like?
- No more version numbers!
- Mark Up launch and campaign through mid July
- Moz.com updates and improvements
- Continue to push our users to 4.0+ through Web Hero Upgrade Campaign and 5.0MM+ Direct Realtionships
- Potential NVIDIA 3D, HTML5 Video Campaign
- Community contributed demos through MDN's Demo Derby and conferences
- Developer Engagament is updating all our Developer resources on MDC, MDN etc for the release
- Really easy to build awesome add-ons using HTML, CSS and web technologies
- More Developer Tools and Resources
What will it look like?
- New Builder Visual Assets and Moz.com Site Updates
- Announcements and Blogs
- How-to and overview videos
- Outreach to 10,000+ Add-On developers
- Builder-specific Developer events coming in Sept
High-level themes (innovation & user control)
Locking down final messaging this week
Timing: Approximately 7:00 a.m. PDT
Air Mozilla: Will kick off pre-launch and give glimpse of efforts that went into rapid release. Note your requested speakers here.
Blog post live
Twitter + Facebook posts pushed
Note to marketing list sent
Newsletter sent in German + English during day
- Participate in our efforts to get the word out by localizing and sharing the news.
- Sign up for our email newsletters and announcements - www.mozilla.com/newsletter
- On launch day, after you've received the email, forward the announcement to one friend.
- Localize and repost Mozilla Blog announcement.
- Will be shared on Basecamp pre-launch. [Don't have an account? Ping mary at mozilla dot com]
Track Coverage + Activities
- Collect blog posts, news coverage and more.
Questions? Want to help?
- Find fellow Mozillians in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org or joing email@example.com